Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Powerscourt - revisited on Sun 13th Apr 2008

I realised that I was so tired after hours of travelling. I had to be at the airport twice on 11 April 2008. While waiting for Faris at the airport, I sat at McDonald - of course having my favourite curly fries. I met a new friend - a Malay guy working at that Mc Donald. He was asking me whether I work in hotel industry - instead I told him I work for E, as business consultant. He started telling me that her wife is looking for a job too and used to work for E in M'sia, and he could not understand why the wife now has to go thro' recruitment co in order to get in. Anyway, I did not have answer to that, I just kept quiet and listened. Exchanged numbers and off I went.

+ Malasnya nak caption - so in short, I was on my way to Powerscourt. I needed to take the train to Bray, and then hopped on the bus 185 to Enniskerry/Powerscourt, where the Powerscourt garden is

+ Perhaps it is just not the season just yet, when I was here last year, there were thousands of roses. The pic above is one of the limited few flowers that we saw last Sunday


Saturday - Faris and I decided to go out to town to check a few things out and had a haircut, which Faris did not like it at all. We had to go back to the salon to get his hair attended to once again. The hairstylist was not happy of course - that made it 2 of them, Faris who was not happy with the haircut and the stylist who was not happy having to attend to the same customer twice. We went on to shop a bit - I was looking for new duvet, perhaps goose-feathers and stuff. In the end, we did not buy it. Faris said - it not money well spend since the one I have now is rather nice/ok.

+ Jauhnya Maya Karin datang, sampai ke Ireland nak promote filem Duyung!

+ Take a closer look - either the man is riding the dragon (which is a bit too small kan?), or the dragon is a part of his anatomy, congenital so to speak, hehe

Then, we decided to meet Itamar for dinner. I treated him for dinner at Bocca. It was funny when I met Itamar - he said; When will you ever be back here for a long time so that we can plan to do things. Haha. He looked rather he really meant it. It is hard when it comes to social life, but I do my best to keep friendship going, that is the reason why I keep small circle of friends here in Dublin. I guess in May, there will be more time spent in Dublin except that I have to deliver a workshop in Cameroon. Let's see to that, since the host is complaining tha my rate is too high and we are costly! Whatever.

Moving on to whatelse we were up to... Well it was hard to convince Faris to do anything. I don't really know. I love to discover what Ireland has to offer but he was tired - perhaps too much work and stuff and he felt like unwinding with less things to do. In the end we decided to go to Powerscrourt. I had been there before on my birthday last year with Zila and Ramlah. This time around I wanted to show Faris what Ireland has to offer.

+ At the Japanese garden

+ The Japanese garden

Basically, Powerscourt that's located in Co Wicklow is - Powerscourt Estate (Irish: Eastát Chúirt an Phaoraigh), located near Enniskerry, County Wicklow, Ireland, is a large country estate which is noted for its house and landscaped gardens, today occupying 47 acres. The house, originally a 13th century castle, was extensively altered during the 18th century by German architect Richard Cassels, starting in 1731[1] and finishing in 1741. A fire in 1974 left the house lying as a shell until it was renovated in 1996 (Source: Wikipedia)

+ The whole garden, and the mansion as you can see. Nice ay?

+ Me and my artistic sense, it was a try actually. I kinda like it

+ At the end of the tour, we were starving. It was indeed a great way to end the trip, with a very nice fish pie, some salads and pot of hot tea. BTW, I must delare that it was one of the best fish pies I've ever had

I am so bloddy lazy to update with more stories. That is all basically. The weather was a bit gloomy but we were lucky to experience some sunny spells during the visit and we ended up having our fish pie in the drizzle. But, it was grand. At the very least Faris was happy to have seen that nice side of Ireland, and there are more of those places really. We ended the trip by deciding to take the bus back instead of train, so we could see more things along the scenic view as we slowly ease our way back to Dun Laoghaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home