Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I am heading back to Dublin! Yippie!

Finally, I have come to the final few days before heading back to Dublin. I am looking forward since I will get to spend some time in Dublin - get to spend time with friends, catching up with stuff over there, and more importantly to have that banana + nutella + ice-cream crepe by Trinity College. I can't wait. This time around, my flight will be at 5 am and then via Istanbul and then Dublin. I do not care. I will be in Dublin by 2 pm on Friday. I would then, in the evening head to the airport once again to fetch Faris. I will just take the bus. That is easier and cheaper, €7 for one way, and €12 for rtn. Not bad, compared to €50 by taxi (one way).

+ My house in Dublin is located by the marina. And, by the pier, there is this group of seals (a family I guess) that always hang around the same area by the pier since it is close to the fish-house and they always wait for the leftovers

Today, it had been a long day for me. When we were all (the guys = Tamim, Matthias, Michael, Fredrik and I), at Little India, Matthias got a phone call and Matthias and I were required for a meeting with the CMO at Rotana. I was puzzled. I could imagine myself unwinding at the apartment and now, I had to head to Rotana. It'd better be a good meeting. It was a meeting with the guys from Nokia. It turned out to be a good meeting and I had to capture the gist of the meeting tomorrow for us to move ahead in the project.

+ Aren't they cute? There are many of them, about 5. If I were to buy fish (hardly), I would turn up around 9-ish there, and spend a bit of time watching this animal. Fantastic!

About work - there is this new consultant in the project. I was mandated to take care of him in terms of giving him assignment and to monitor his progress. So far, he is OK. Well, I have been monitoring him based on the assignment I gave him really. Anyway, today I could not hold it any longer after he made mistakes consecutively - his problem is that, he is WAY too eager and he likes to make business judgement based on his personal views. He has no back up to his preconceived and premature conclusion. Then he made mistakes TWICE within 5 mins. And then I called him out of the meeting room and I had a chat with him, and I said "While I appreciate you being aggresive and all, it would be good for you to back your arguments with facts. I know you are eager to contribute, but, your eagerness will be killed once you are told that you make one mistake after the other. It is fine I can correct your premature business conclusion, what if you have made the same mistake to our client. You will be dead meat!" All he did was nodding.

Later in the evening, I got a text from him "Zul, I appreciate the talk we had. I will better myself. And this is not the first time I am encountering this issue. It has been pointed out to me before". Well I replied his text with "Brilliant". Haha. To me, I must salute him, he took my advice well and I am eager to see the difference tomorrow etc. Enough about work.

+ This is the marina I am talking about. I still remember last year, at 11pm during the summer, I went for a walk with some friends by the pier/marina

+ I like this pic, one morning on the way back from buying the fish :)

Oh 2 days ago, I spoke with Abah. He is doing well back in kampong. He asked me whether the parcel has reached Newcastle or not. Well, I did not tell him anything. I said to him - let's assume it has reached Newcastle. Anyway, speaking of parcel, abah quickly added "Zul, bungkuihan yang omak kighim haghi tu, pejabat pos tu dah anta balik dah. Kono pulangkan balik. Isik eh dah tak elok laie dah. Cumo bagi tau ekau yo!" Haha. That is the controversial parcel which never got to me back in Feb. Now, it is returned to my address back in kampung. Well I am sure all the rendangs have actually gone bad.

3 Comments:

At April 09, 2008 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jumpa jugak aku website kau ni.Boleh tahan kau menulis ye.

 
At April 11, 2008 8:37 AM, Blogger my0place said...

Babe!! Rupa seal tu mcm rupa I je....Heheheh. Sejibik look like me bersantai kat Krabi. Ahak! Ahak!

 
At April 12, 2008 6:24 PM, Blogger zuL said...

Hi dear, ironically I thot of you when i See those seals, hehehe. No la kidding. I am back in Dublin now, I am glad. I will fly to UK on Tuesday, before that there will be series of screaming to my boss - if ever they will listen to my grouses. Haha. Have a great weekend ok. Miss ya, miss Pelita... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home