Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Finally the painting is done

Yes, I have started painting again after years. This time around I want it to be more professional - real brushes, high end paints, easel, canvas etc. My forte is never portrait or figure drawing - never. But, as a going-away present for a friend, Itamar, I wanted to run away from the typical gift (when I should have just got an after shave or something, after the agony of having to paint the face on the very last minute and trying to survive the headache from lack of sleep!).

The process is so hard (no doubt I enjoy painting, no question about that). Thank god the talent is still within me. And it is my first time painting using acrylic paints, and on canvas, and on easel etc. It is not easy - as they dry so fast and use of water makes the colour drips and runs. I am glad I am done with this. I had to refrain myself from going out to enjoy the sun (yes after days of cold days, today is full of sun rays and the town is brimming with people).

Here goes the painting that I have been working on for a month now. I am quite glad with the outcome and I am quite glad that it is now ready to be given to Itamar - my best wishes to him for his new life in Netherlands.

+ The sad part of this is, my first serious painting in 20 years, it turns out great and I have to say good bye to it very very soon and it will travel to Netherlands, and where ever else Itamar will take it.

Now, looking at the painting it is rather satisfying the fact that I could accomplish that. But the whole journey was a bit more than that, from choosing the right paints, canvas and the step by step painting process from sketching to what I handed over last night. But here goes...

+ The process

3 Comments:

At September 21, 2008 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ekau ni pandai molukih upo eh? musti tangah tolobeh bodung dulu neh kekekekeek henskemm skali lahhh!

 
At September 22, 2008 1:02 PM, Blogger zuL said...

mano ado, den ni bukan di bodong maso budak2 dulu... Omak den tu moden, haghi ke-tigo dah bawak keto dah... poie mesyuarat wanita sumo eh tu... tak do bodong ni do... tu sobab eh den ni buleh lukis, sobab tangan tu tak tau nak dudok diam... tak bobodong... kalau ekau nak potret ekau kono lukih anta kek den... upah eh sikit yo, Euro2,000 (macam Imuda den ni... lukih dulu lopeh tu caj...)

 
At September 23, 2008 2:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahah baik aku paku jerr diri aku kat ketas lukisan tuhhhh siot dengan 2,000 euro tuh! kalau muat laaa ketas lukisan! gambar tuh, banyak kali pandang kua muko warrick CSI Vegas tuh! yumm yuummmmmmm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home