Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Email to my former boss

+ I must stress that this pic has nothing to do with the entry. However, I was at Newcastle airport, while using the £1-for-20mins-massage-chair, I saw the screen. It is appalling to see how exorbitant the internet can be!

I don't even know what to write. Yesterday I got a call - asking for updates on this blog! Hahaha. This must be serious. Readers of my blog have started calling to ask for updates :) I am sharing the email I sent to my previous boss in the old co! Nothing serious, from time to time we like to talk about where Malaysia is heading to, besides some other personal stuff!

W'salam Pn Rose,

Well are you busy preparing for yr son's wedding or busy with filling up the pink forms? Hehehehe. That is a good start really. Did you buy any? Are u planning to buy the shares of TMI?

This is all market sentiment - I don't know how people see 1) The movement of TMI in the region, 3) performance of the mobile arm since it is a part of TMI (or the Mobile Arm has been floated on its own?), 3) JI in terms of repeating the same success in Mxxxx! I heard some rumours abt him the fact that he was not entirely the reason why Mxxxx is the way Mxxxx is... I dont know...

I had a discussion with another fellow consultant here in the office (I am delivering project in North Africa now). He was so mad the fact that there was this co that performed 27% (improved by 67% compared to last year, year on year), profit margin for 1Q when, there was an analyst commenting, it is not good enough when it was predicted to achieve 35%! He was mad since, no matter how well blue chip performs, there is stupid junior analyst who came out from somewhere and fiddling with Excel and came up with 35% and now, the fact that he had said that 27% is not good enough - market reacts to that since that is in the public! How fair is that? When they dont know what's the deal inside! Market sentiment, or analyst's sentiment.

You must be ecstatic about getting your 1st daughter in law. Great, happy for you. I hope all will be well, you can send the invitation card to:

[my address, blanked out]

{Thanks so much, I dont know whether I can make it, but sure, I appreciate the thot as always... speaking of which, please send my salam to your husband and family OK}

Speaking of election, well, I think the media has to have its own reform. Sometimes what's reported is completely one-sided. I am glad to see that there is a generation who wants change now. The explanation is simple; I remember growing up in kg where, my mom among the many, on the day of election would say "Ekau pangkah apo? Dacing ko?" Among them. It means that, in their head, there is manifestation of an image and not the future. And now, the wind of change has softly swept the kampungs, since the person who heard such conversation when he was 6 yo, and now having seen enough, I manage to influence and give the other side of the story to my parents.

But to my dismay, my parents even marched to the nomination office with a BN candidate simply because the candidate is; anak buah dia! Ops... yes, my second cousin I think and he won! Not only for DUN but Exco! (That is wrong! after all the information that I have shared with my parents...) I am so interested to go and meet him, and I want to know how he sees our kampong/consituency before he sees the world. I like to have a conversation with him, why the new generation is rejecting BN now... why BN is seen to be irrelevant in time to come. If UMNO is serious in fighting for Malay rights, this is not the catastrophe we must endure!

On the PKR site (please check their new website www.pkr.com, haha... kidding that is Poker Online website... hahahaha), anyway PKR, this is time to show examples and think out of the box - on top of it all, they must now walk the talk! If all is well, other states will follow in 2012. Show good examples, now all the key states are under PKR... well time to even do beyond sustaining the development. do something different. Create more jobs outside KL since KL is saturating now... BN is silly when they said, due to the fact that PKR are in certain states FDI is afraid to enter Malaysia, so not-right. That alone brings down the credibility of Msia and the impact, we feel it as Rakyat and when measured, the current govt is seen to be non-performing - tepuk air di dulang, kena muka sendiri. I think it was so uncalled for.

Anyway Pn Rose, on the work front... nothing new really, yeah some exciting projects and doing analysis, making proposals, trying to solve customer's issues have led to serious hair loss and more grey hair. Other than that things are dandy. I am off to UK for a week next week, for a break and I will be in Ireland on 8th May onwards. (tired, tired, tired). This work can be really exhaustive, mentally... erghhh... and i am not getting any younger.... Haha.

Rgds,

ZuL

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2008 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this blog. Been reading it from the start. Why are you not letting others know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home