Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Friday, April 25, 2008

The last Friday in Khartoum, Sudan

Today is my last Friday in Sudan. I called Nagi a few times to ask him whether I could go for Solat Jumaat together. I assumed he's away outside of Khartoum. He had been asked to drive the people to the sites outside of Khartoum. Normally, if he is around, he'd call me the day before. Anyway, that is that.

This morning, I realised there were rashes/itchy spots around my elbows, wrists and knees - that's strange. I talked to My0space and Luke about it. Both of them suggested the same - Clarytine. That was my mission after Solat Jumaat, to get those tablets.

+ The mosque - for my last solat Jumaat in Khartoum. I do not know whether I will be back here even though the customer really wants us to stay on

+ Jalan jalan cari minyak, sblm meneruskan perjalanan

I called Waleed. Thank god Waleed was willing to pick me up to go to mosque, then to run a few errands and of course to drive around for Clarytine. The mosque we went to is quite close the apartment. I do not know what's that called. But it's brimming with people when I got there. And it was so so so so hot. It is 43C today! You cannot imagine how hot it is out there. I feel bad for turning on the AC 24 hrs a day, but what choice have I got?

+ Imagine that, no you can't imagine! ;)

After the solat, I had to wait for Waleed close to 10 mins, showered with that blazing heat. We had to refuel the car etc. Only then we went to look for Clarytine. I was told that Clarytine has not been approved for / unavailable in Sudan.

+ Yeah I needed to leave with TWO, in case one doesn't work, haha

Seriously - everytime I go to pharmacy to get my medicine, there is dodgy feeling that I have. For some stupid reason I have this distorted thought that there is a strange mix of fake drugs + real ones in all pharmacies. I don't know. Perhaps, I watch too much Youtube stuff. But the reality is, that sorta thing does take place in Africa. Finally I had to settle for 2 strips of tablets which I have never heard of - then again, I do not suffer from this that often. So I don't know.

Before I dash off, I leave you with a REALLY nice song by Ahmad Jais - Harapan Kecewa; my little craze for now. Why can't songs be this simple, yet so deep. Enjoy it. Uh btw, I managed to download the MP3 version of that, and soon it will be in my ipod. ;)

2 Comments:

At April 28, 2008 8:02 AM, Blogger my0place said...

Oh my god!!Mendayu-dayu nya lagu ni. Giler i dok play sampai 3 kali. Meleleh air mata -:))

 
At April 29, 2008 8:15 AM, Blogger zuL said...

Yes, best kan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home