Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Squash Tournament, West Wood Club, Dublin

I have been talking about the squash tournament for weeks now. It took place today at West Wood Club, Dublin. Barry, Xavier and I were fashionably late (it was supposed to start at 10.30 am, and we arrived at 11.15 am!). We were lost. We had to stop at SPAR to ask for direction. Frank (the organizer) was not pleased. I guess us being late was a punishment to Frank who always purposely separate the three of us in different groups when it comes to tournament. Barry said last night "Frank is so like school teacher who likes to separate close friends when it comes to school activities." So true!


In short - three words - I did well! I think the competition was bizarre in terms of handicap. I got -2 (like previous competition in Nov 08), but Barry (+1), and Xavier (+4). The more minus you are with your handicap, the better you are. But giving Xavier +4 is not right, since between the three of us - we are not that much different in terms of levels and skills. So I think it was bizarre to me.

I won my group. The games were all rather "easy" for me with my -2 handicap. That took me to semi finals - which I beat Donogh. And then I went to the final to meet Ronan. I lost to him (2-0). So I lost in the finals. Hence the medallion that you see above. What a sweet day. And tonight there is a dinner for all the players (about 25 of us). I will not join them for dinner, perhaps I will just join them for the post-dinner get-together.

2 Comments:

At April 25, 2009 8:13 PM, Blogger LUKE said...

tahniah tahniah tahniah... aku bangga sama kamu!!!!

 
At April 26, 2009 1:59 AM, Blogger zuL said...

T kasih - tadi masa penyampaian medal, aku diminta buat speech. Aku pun ucapkan terima kasih kepada engko, sbb tanpa support dari rakan2 takkan berjaya di bidang seni ni. Byk hati perlu dijaga! Kakaka...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home