Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Reunion - After 9 Months

After 9 months being away, I was finally reunited with my parents.

I am glad that my parents are finally here in the UK to be with me for the congregation that is to take place this Saturday. They arrived in London, yesterday (17/07, Monday at 1810 hours). This is so meaningful to me; to be able to bring them here, to see different parts of the world. I have a few things lined up for them; things to do in Cambridge like - the punting, the colleges, the old school The Leys and many more. But I am concerned that my dad is not so active as before, he was panting on the way up to my room. I am concerned really!

Ely Cathedral 1

They will be here for 10 days and I would try my best to show them the best of UK. Well, then again, it has to be limited in terms of activities since it is damn expensive and time is limited. Anyway, I will try to. I plan to take my parents to a place called Ely, which is 15 minutes away from Cambridge by train. There is this old very famous cathedral called Ely Cathedral (hehe) that's worth a visit. Even Cate Blanchett shot a movie there, this summer. I am looking to going there with them, perhaps we will take the river cruise along the river as well. Speaking of river, I plan to take them punting which is a must if you are in Cambridge. I guess I won't be punting since it is such a challenge!

Ely Cathedral 2

Then, the graduation will be on Saturday. I am like anxious and I do hope that there are not too many people graduating with me, but last night Oli told me that there will be many - I hope he was referring to others from other colleges, which is very true. It is going to be hot. There is forecast of heatwave this week. Urghhh, just imagine that I need to wear the suits, the dinner shirt, bow tie, band and completed with the furry robe, I will be soaked in sweat!

Punting on River Cam, Cambridge. Look at that panoramic view by The Backs with King's College Chapel in the background

Finally, I will bring them to London on Sunday and stay there for a few days before leaving for Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday. I am so hoping that they will have a great stay here with me. OK, need to start getting ready, I have arranged with Mr MacGregor, my former housemaster at The Leys School, so that he would show us around the school so that my parents have some idea of the place where I spent 2 years doing my A Levels. OK, gotta have my shower now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home