Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009 Eurovision Song Contest

I just finished watching the electrifying performances in this year's Eurovision Song Contest. It was indeed fantastic show or ensemble by Moscow. Well done. The winner, was kind of clean sweep to Norway's Alexander Rybak performing his own composition of Fairytale - scoring the highest point of 387 for a winning song in Eurovision history! That means - next year, Norway will stage the show.



+ Alexander Rybak

Lyrics of Fairytale

years ago, when I was younger
i kinda liked, a girl I knew
she was mine, and we were sweethearts
that was then, but then it's true.

c/o, I'm in love, with a fairytale
even though it hurts,
cause I don't care if I lose my mind
i'm already cursed

every day, we started fighting
every night, we fell in love
no one else could make me sadder
but no one else could lift me high above

i don't know what I was doing
but suddenly we fell apart
nowadays I cannot find her
but when I do we'll get brand new start


+ Jade Ewen - isn't she divine! Do know this; both of her parents are blind.

My favourite was Mamo (mother) from Russia and for technical, I gave it to UK and Sweden. UK is so concentrating their effort to win this year. Not only they did a reality show select the singer to represent the UK; Jade Ewen, they got Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, the living legend behind a lot of the big musicals in West End. They did not do too bad - they came 5th, overall (with 173 points).

The show was undeniably grand - opening, to the filler-shows and to the stage. It was all grand. It would be a tall order for Norway to host it next year. The most that caught my attention and still stuck in my head - when a few pools were suspended from the roof with dancers playing with the water. It was amazing. No one would have thought about that. No doubt audience had to nurse the neck pain, but it was simply amazing.


On top of the live telecast from Moscow, Graham Norton doing the commentary for UK. He is so hilarious. I just love his show, Graham Norton Show. And having him making fun of many things about Europe was so much fun! Oh by the way, by now I have downloaded all mp3's of my favourite songs, haha! They will be in my iPod, and Fairytale will wake me up tomorrow, and David Bisbal's, Amy Winehouse's and Andrea Bocelli's will have to make way! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home