Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wrong way to start the day


I was woken up by a text this morning. I thought it was one of those texts, "Good morning" thingy, but no. It was a shocking text. Not really shocking, but it pissed me off.

It was from a friend, Nick [not the real name]. Apparently, recently (less than a month ago) Nick got a new job at a firm, Softech [not the real company's name] and he left his old firm Armstech [not real either]. So, I did not know that he has not told the truth with his ex colleagues at Armstech that he has joined the new firm, Softech. I did not know at all, at all.

So to cut the story short, a friend of Nick, Mark [also, not real] who is still with Armstech, called me the other day to talk (we got to know each other through Nick of course). Just casual talk. He called TWICE. I did not pick up. I was so damn busy, as always. 9-5pm is never good to talk. Well, then on the way back from work I called Mark. It was a nice gesture that I should return the calls.

Gist of the talk was pretty much nonsense. Nonsense. Nothing of any significance. And it led to the fact that I told Mark that I lunched with Nick and sent him off to his office (I didn't even say "new" office). And I realised something was not right. I realised Mark is assuming that Nick is not attached to any firms and works on his own now (freelance instructor at the gym etc.). I was puzzled and sensed that "perhaps this is how Nick wants to portray himself to his ex colleagues". I managed the situation VERY WELL. I mean, I managed to divert the conversation to something else.

So, after a while of not talking to Nick, I called him yesterday. We got to talk, and I asked him how he is doing at Softech etc. And I asked, why did I sense that his former colleagues at former workplace do not know that he is working for another firm. He explained to me. Well and good and now it is clear. And I told him I managed the situation well. So from now on, I know his stand on things as far as employment is concerned, he does not want people to know that he is working at a new place! I thought it ended there! No!

This morning I got a text from Nick saying that "Zul, Mark told me you were the one who called him!" What the F-word? Goodness gracious! He has to be kidding me. I called Mark to return his calls (which I purposedly did not answer) and the conversation WAS NOT scoped around to talk about Nick (as if I purposely called Mark to update Mark what Nick has been up to... puhlease!). Goodness me! From the text alone, I can conclude that Nick doesn't trust me and hence trying to get confirmation from Mark what the real story's like. So to me, that is a complete NO NO!

To be precise, I was pissed off. And I am still pissed off. I tried to call Nick to confront him. Well, the call went unanswered, as predicted. Even my text went unanswered as well. Well, I do not need this crap. I jotted it down here to clear my chest and head. That is all. This has not impacted my day at any level, but it is clear indication of capacity of "certain" individuals.

* Off to lunch around UPM area, apparently there's a nice restaurant that serves NS food over there. See ya people...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home