Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Painting No. 2

This is bizarre. I am blogging so randomly today - so much ideas, and so many things to update. Anyway, this is my 2nd entry for the day. I can't believe it myself. I think this is just a seasonal thing, before I get busy with delivery of projects.

+ It is not finished just yet.

Anyway, this is my current project since the first one (portrait of Itamar). I think I want to call it Pot1. It's an oil painting - my first time ever playing oil. It has been a rough ride. I use the colour straight from the tube and it is not easy playing with oil paints. It takes ages to dry, and mixing can be a pain too. I just enjoy the ride.


This is one of the sketches I made at Brussels Airport, heading back to Dublin. Unfortunately, I lost the sketch book. I rely a lot on my memory of how I want the painting to be. So far I am happy with it of course, except today when I painted on the floor and I smudged paints on my new rug! *sigh* Anyway, I am glad to see the outcome of it.

This painting is my 1st oil painting and definitely inspired by the trip that Aidah, Luke and myself made to Van Gogh Museum/Gallery in Amsterdam. I have never enjoyed painting so much, till now. I guess I need to allocate a room for my art activities when I move into a larger house that I can call my own. So, for now, I will keep on painting.

[Yes, I still owe myself and the "reader" the update on my holiday/break in Belgium, Germany and The Netherlands]

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2009 3:15 AM, Blogger dzan said...

wow! not bad lah blader!

cool painting. getting yr hands dirty and all. i luv it. now can u brush a portrait of my aging face?

what i have to take a number?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home