Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

D-Day & The Ugly Truth

Ahhh that day again. That very day again. I got up to what appeared to me a normal day, sun was shining, bird was chirping, fresh breeze was softly blowing... (ahh cut the craps... hehe). By 9.00 AM, all the texts, emails, calls, hugs and Facebook messages started coming in - all the well wishes. Yes, that day of the year again. I do not really make such a big deal out of it. In my mind - I kept on thinking about the the work I have to complete by end of the week. How sad you may have asked? But that is the blatant truth.

+ Lockz, thanks a mill. So much pressure to finish 4-5 books now!

I just had a fantastic day (work too had been nothing but productive). Lockz and I decided to stuff our face with Italian food after work, her treat. We took off from work wee bit early at 6.00pm and headed to Italian 'Oliver' restaurant that is a new add to the town. Oh before that, earlier the day, Lockz got me a present - a book Thanks For The Memories by Cecilia Ahern (the same author that penned PS I Love You). Right after dinner, we went to watch The Ugly Truth (Katherine Heigl & Gerard Butler). That was good fun. We laughed a lot, almost to the point that people might have thought that we were pissing drunk on the street. Haha.

Amidst all the messages, calls and the excitement of being bombarded by well-wishers (incl that very card from Brussels) - I did not receive that one very call. At that very moment I realized something that had woken me up - I have been way too generous with people (whom through deception have misled me to believe they do matter to me), until to the extent I have been taken advantage of. Really. You know how it is, when you wait endlessly for that one call that you may have thought that would come from someone who matters to you - be it family, or friend or whomever - and it just did not come to make your day; it made you realize you need to redefine the way you see things (and/or a person) and the way you treat things (and/or a person) from that point onwards! I guess I can't impose my values on people, but I make it my business to change my treatment to certain ungrateful quarters. It has gone beyond me, and I am no more a doormat. I guess it is my prerogative and I am free to exercise it. It is true when people say that - "Zul, you have just been taken advantage of". I resort to think, as much as I hate it - yes that is The Ugly Truth!

I feel liberated after penning that one last paragraph. I do mean it. And I really mean it. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home