Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Monday, June 15, 2009

New Day, New Beginning

My first day back in the office. To my surprise, I did accomplish many things. I was amazed myself. I have been assigned a new project, with a local operator in Ireland. Trying to advise them how to position a new product in the mobile space - same old, same old. The difference - "fickle-minded" customer really. I guess I will have to embrace the challenge.

I spoke to the Chief Strategist from the company - and I said, "I plan to talk to you tomorrow about your company's plan on enterprise broadband!" He gave me the impression that he understood which one I am talking about, and he went on to talk a bit about that. An hour later, my colleague (who is already planted in there) called. He said "Zul, Owen was not sure whether he fully understood which proposition you talked about and what he is supposed to do with that!" Oh my God! I had a good discussion with him, and now he told my colleague that he is uncertain about things.

I can now well picture the same difficulty I had with the same customer last year. The fickle-mindedness will drive me insane. Let alone the scope creep - arghhh. It will blow my fuse really. But I am taking the positive side of things. So let it develop. But good thing is that, my friend Mark works in the same building. I let him know that I'd be there for months. So, he has booked me for lunch. Or at least being the first to buy me Starbucks coffee from the top floor.

So I kinda look forward to it, except that I have to take the train from Dun Laoghaire to Connolly, and then from Connolly to Heuston Station. OK now, stay positive Zul, stay positive...

Staying positive, I will be...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home