Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Killarney (Co Kerry) and Kilkenny pics, finally...

Well, I am back from "the hiatus". And, finally I managed to get a good grip of myself, and posted herewith are the pics of my trip to Killarney (Co Kerry) 2 weeks ago. I went with Lockz. That was again, another fantastic trip. :)

Barry told me last week that he plans a trip out in the country - there will be me, him, Xavier and Alan. He is thinking of Galway. I don't mind at all, as long as I am around in the country to join them all. It will all be fun, we have never done such trip before. It would be good for a change from normal meets over sports and coffee.

OK without much ado, here are the pics (you can tell from the selection of the pics, that I like Killarney National Park, compared to the rest of the trip. Although the countryside, with the sea and all -- they are not too bad). By the way, on the way back to Dublin, we stopped in Kilkenny, what apparently is a not-to-miss town!

Here goes!

+ Torc Waterfall, Killarney National Park. This is my favourite spot really. Lockz and I climbed up to the top, to locate the origin of the waterfall. It was fantastic view from up there, overlooking the greens and leads towards lower lake of Killarney

+ Killarney National Park - the ever so huge lower lake

+ Killarney National Park - the boats

+ Killarney National Park - again the lake. It is monstrosity beyond belief, and magnificent beauty.

+ Killarney National Park - the woods. We went for a walk in the woods, that is the best to inch the greens. We started early, like the saying - early birds catch fat worms

+ This is taken in Dingles (still in Co Kerry) - a place called Inch, where people surf and all that. We had our lunch by the sea. That was awesome

+ This is the only pic of Kilkenny Castle. We took our time combing the area while having our ice-creams

Bye now. I am not sure what other trips after this. I am off to UK in July, just for a quick extended weekend really. I guess that is the one I am looking forward to. Other than that, I need to get into the office tomorrow, in case I am shipped away somewhere for assignment :)

Have a great week peeps!

2 Comments:

At June 17, 2009 4:16 PM, Anonymous syiezha said...

woh.. i'm sooo going to killarney then! thanks for the great pics!

 
At June 18, 2009 10:54 AM, Blogger zuL said...

Yesssss... go go go... Not far from Limerick... the drive from Dublin was bearable... and weather was awesome. Lunch in the sun and ice cream in Kilkenny - were perfect to close the trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home