Kampong Talang - where it all begins...

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Britain's Got Talent show

Tonight is the semi finals of Britain's Got Talent. To the uninitiated, it is another reality TV show in UK, unearthing talents. No age limit, and can be any talents that you have. As you may have expected - a lot of singing.

So after tennis, 2 sessions of tennis today - I invited Ramz and Lockz to come over and watch the show together. I cooked. Anyway, at first me and Lockz we planned to cook anyway. And I bumped into Ramz on the way back at 7.00PM by the tennis court. So I asked her to come around too.



I was fantastic affair really. And our favourites (Susan Boyle and Diversity) are sailing through to finals this Saturday. I hope I will be able to catch it this weekend. It is a bit unfortunate that the talented violinist Su Son, did not make it to the final. She is awesome and had to part with her best friend in order to realise her dreams!

The thing is I have a big plan to explore more of Ireland this weekend - so I am not sure I will be able to watch the finals, what a shame. As for the trip, all is sorted and I will be off to Kerry with Lockz. We will rent the car and be away for 3 days and will stay at a secluded country house in Killarney, adjacent to the national park. We will also be off to the Ring of Kerry, Dingle etc. It will be fantastic. We are commemorating our first anniversary of our first trip together last year - that happened around this time last year. It will be fantastic.

+ The stream in Killarney National Park - it is going to be phenomenal trip

As for yesterday, what was I up to? Well spending the whole day in city really. Lockz and I decided to start early - getting our brunch and shopped. I wanted to get the Nike shirt I laid my eyes on last week, but they do not have the colour that I like. It will only come in on Thursday. BTW, I have not taken the PS shirt from Brown Thomas either (will have to wait for payday, haha). It will be on this Friday, since I got the car (so I will get both shirts this Friday). I will drive to city with Lockz, pick up the shirt and have dinner with Claudine and Paul (our monthly get-together). So that will be awesome. I decided not to post the PS shirt - since it can get lost in the post really. But the Nike shirt is fine, no prob in sending that off via post.

Lockz, Xavier and I caught a film called Syndoche New York. It is bizarre really. It is of an 'acquired' taste type of picture really. But I did enjoy it. The plot revolves around one dreamer and his confrontation of life and leading his life - what makes him happy, what motivates him, and what love really means to him. We left the cinema with loads of discussions really. It was fantastic. It is almost like the experience of watching Revolutionary Road.

Lockz and I ended up at Charming Noodles before taking the ride home. We had sumptious meal indeed. What a great way to end the day - real good food and we arrived home at 12 midnight, only to know that there's plenty to look forward to on Sunday. Now I am finding myself dragging myself to iron the office shirt, as tomorrow another reality, which is not a show, will hit me.

But bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home